By accessing, browsing and/or using this Website, you consent to the data practices described in this Policy and acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree, to be bound by these terms conditions, and notices contained herein and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations
Collection of your Personal Information
ORBEX collects and processes the following information depending on the services to be provided:
- a) Personally, Identifiable Information:
- Information you provide when completing a Real/Demo Account Registration (online or hard copy)— your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, country of residence, employment status, financial background, login, and password details. We may ask for this information if you register as a user of the Services, subscribe to our newsletters, upload or submit content through Orbex Website, or if you contact us;
- Information you provide for identity and residence verification purposes, including your legal name, business name and Tax ID for business entities, and date of birth. Furthermore, you will be requested to provide a secure upload of an identity document (such as your passport, driver’s license or other government-issued ID) and of a proof of residence (bank statement, utility bill, other governmental analogous documentation);
- Details of any requests or transactions you make through the Services. The Company partners with other companies for payment processing, and the payment information you submit is collected and used by them in accordance with their privacy policies. ORBEX does not store your payment information apart from the first six and last four digits of your credit card or bank account (as applicable), expiration date, and country, which we require for tax, government regulatory, and security purposes;
- Information required when subscribing for services such as to receive updates either via email or by posting on portions of the Site only accessible to registered users;
- Information that you submit on or to ORBEX in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users and communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem), information you post or make available in Forums will be publicly available;
- If you desire to participate in a webinar, you will be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to conduct such a webinar. This information may include, among other things, your name and email address, certain generated content, such as feedback, data such as responses to in-video quizzes, standalone quizzes, tests, and surveys;
- Information when you access or log-in to a third-party site, e.g., Facebook, from our Sites. This may include the text and/or images available from the third-party site;
- Information when you provide information in response to a survey operated by us. This may include details about your race, your education history, trading history/experience, employment and other necessary information;
- Information collected by Partner sites providing Online Course related tools and services to Orbex users. Such information may be nonfinancial individual level user data regarding the individual’s use of that partner site while engaged with such Online Course related activities, and the partner sites may share that data with the Company for the purpose of improving the Company’s services, the partner site’s services, and the individual’s education experience.
- The Anti-Money Laundering Policy requires ORBEX to collect information and take the necessary action to prevent transformation and legalization (laundering) of money gained from illegal activity. In certain cases, ORBEX has the right to require a document disclosing the sources of money.
- b) Information relating to your use of our Site: This information is used by ORBEX for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the ORBEX Website. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through ORBEX public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
- When users come to our Site, we may track, collect and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages of our Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks were “clicked” in the form of traffic analytics;
- Information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by ORBEX, information from the URLs from which you linked to our Site. This information can include: your IP address and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity, operating system and browser type, domain names, access times and referring Website addresses;
- anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favourites;
You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Personally Identifiable Information you submit to ORBEX. Inaccurate information may affect your ability to use the Site, the information you receive when using the Site, and our ability to contact you.
ORBEX does not read any of your private online communications.
ORBEX encourages you to review the privacy policies of Websites you choose to link to from ORBEX so that you can understand how those Websites collect, use and share your information. ORBEX is not responsible for the privacy policies or other content on Web sites outside of the ORBEX and ORBEX family of Websites.
Use of your Personal Information
ORBEX collects and uses your personal information to operate the ORBEX Website, to comply our contractual obligation to deliver the services you have requested, to keep your account secure, to improve, promote and protect its Services (including to verify the identities of creators and prevent fraud and abuse).
ORBEX also uses your personally identifiable information to create and administer your account, contact you, and customize your experience on Orbex, to inform you of other products or services available from ORBEX and its affiliates In the instance, that you will be communicated by an affiliate for the purposes of direct marketing, prior to such communication being effected, you will be requested to give your free, explicit and specific consent to be expressed in a clear and conscious manner. Such consent will be requested to be given by you when you will be visiting the Internet Website of the said related companies and ticking the relevant box referring to the provision of direct marketing services.
We use Personally Identifiable Information collected when you sign-up for our various email or update services to send you the messages in connection with the Site or an Online Webinar (tracking attendance, progress, and completion of an Online Webinar), We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you, where we are legally entitled to do so and we may share the Online Course information provided with the tutors or other individuals designated by the tutors to assist with the creation, modification or operation of the course.
You should not post any Personally Identifiable Information or other information of a personal or sensitive nature, whether relating to you or another person, within a Forum/Blog/Media Walls post. If you choose to do so, such Information may be collected during your use of the Forums/Blog/Media Walls and We may publish this information via extensions of our Platform that use third-party services, like mobile applications. We also reserve the right to reuse Forum/Blog/Media Walls posts that contain Personally Identifiable Information in future versions of the courses we offer, and to enhance future course offerings. We may archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you and/or your designee(s), and/or provide it to the University partner, business partner, or the instructor(s) associated with the courses you have taken. We may also use or publish posts submitted on the Forums/Blogs/Media Walls without using Personalldentification Information.
ORBEX may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered. ORBEX does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
ORBEX may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, ORBEX may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Orbex, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
In addition to the above, we may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect Orbex’s Services (like Affiliates and IBs or when we partner with payment processors, or use services that help us manage our ads on other sites). When we share data with third-party services that support our delivery of the Orbex Services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do. We may also share information that’s aggregated and anonymized in a way that it doesn’t directly identify you.
ORBEX does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent. ORBEX keeps track of the Websites and pages our customers visit within ORBEX, in order to determine what ORBEX services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within ORBEX to customers whose behaviour indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
ORBEX Websites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law and in response to court orders or other legal process or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on ORBEX or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property or safety of ORBEX, its employees, Site, users, customers or others; c) defend against legal claims; d) as otherwise required by law; e) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities.
ORBEX is sometimes required by law to collect and use your data as for example for compliance with tax laws and other European and International reporting standards. In addition, we will collect, retain and use your personal information where and in the way necessary as required by our supervisory authority (FSA) and where there is a legitimate interest to do so, when there is a good and fair reason in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights.
Retention of Personally Identifiable Information
If you reside or are located in the EEA, we keep your Personally Identifiable Information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the Personally Identifiable Information is processed. The length of time we retain Personally Identifiable Information for depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights. We will retain your information as long as your account is active, as necessary to provide you with the Services or as otherwise set forth in this Policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect the Company’s legal rights. We also collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized or pseudonymized information which we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of our Site, improve our Services or comply with legal obligations.
You have certain rights in relation to your Personally Identifiable Information. You can access your Personally Identifiable Information and confirm that it remains correct and up-to-date, request its deletion or choose whether or not you wish to receive material from us or some of our partners by logging into the Site and visiting your user account page.
If you reside or are located inthe EEA, you have the right to request that we:
- provide access to any Personally Identifiable Information we hold about you;
- prevent the processing of your Personally Identifiable Information for direct-marketing purposes;
- update any Personally Identifiable Information which is out of date or incorrect;
- delete any Personally Identifiable Information which we are holding about you;
- restrict the way that we process your Personally Identifiable Information;
- provide your Personally Identifiable Information to a third party provider of services; or
- provide you with a copy of any Personally Identifiable Information which we hold about
For all the above you must inform us/communicate with us by emailing our Customer Support at support@Orbex.com or by contacting us by telephone, fax or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within our databases, access logs and other records, which may or may not contain your Personally Identifiable Information. Please also note that certain Personally Identifiable Information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your Personally Identifiable Information to comply with a legal obligation.
When you email us with a request, we may ask that you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity.
The ORBEX Website consists of “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize ORBEX pages, or register with ORBEX site or services, a cookie helps ORBEX to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same ORBEX Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the ORBEX features that you customized. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the ORBEX services or Websites you visit.
Security of your Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us and this is why we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to secure your personal information. ORBEX secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so the Company cannot guarantee its absolute security. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information.
ORBEX secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Except as specifically set forth in this Privacy Statement, we do not share your personal information with any non-affiliated third party without your free, explicit and specific consent and in any event when your personal information is collected we will notify you of the recipient or the categories of recipients of such information. Furthermore, we will promptly notify you when the said data are to be first announced to a third party. We may disclose aggregate information, such as demographic information, and our statistical analyses to third parties, including advertisers or other business partners. This aggregate information does not include your personal information.
We use a card processing companies for your deposits and withdrawals to and from your account. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes.
Orbex’s Sites are primarily operated and managed on servers located and operated within Germany and Other EU Countries. In order to provide our products and services to you, we may send and store your Personally Identifiable Information (also commonly referred to as personal data) outside of the country where you reside or are located. Accordingly, if you reside or are located outside of the Germany, your Personally Identifiable Information may be transferred outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide the same level of protection for your Personally Identifiable Information. We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information when it is transferred. If you reside or are located within the EEA and such transfers occur, we take appropriate steps to provide the same level of protection for the processing carried out in any such countries as you would have within the EEA to the extent feasible under applicable law. We participate in and commit to adhering to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework when transferring data from the EEA to the United States. Please see our Privacy Shield Policy for further information.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site. We will not be liable for misuse or loss of personal information resulting from cookies on our website that we don’t have access to or control over. We will not be liable for unlawful or unauthorized use of your personal information due to misuse or misplacement of your passwords, negligent or malicious, however contacted.
To contact our Data Protection Officer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you reside or are located in the EEA, you may also make a complaint to our supervisory body for data protection matters (namely the CY Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection) or seek a remedy through local courts if you believe that your rights have been breached.